|About||Portfolio||Programs||News||Learning Center||Member Center|
Frequently Asked Questions
We've got answers.
What is Build It Big?
A results-oriented, business development, program for women-led companies that demonstrate high growth potential.
Who should apply?
Women entrepreneurs and women-led businesses that have demonstrated the desire and potential to grow well beyond their current position and/ or occupy a significant place in a rapidly growing new market.
- A woman in a key management position w/ significant equity ownership
- A qualified and profitable market opportunity w/competitive advantage
- A track record of milestone achievement, which may include: product development, distribution or licensing contracts, grants, beta clients, customers, revenue, strategic partnerships, etc.
- A favorable debt-to-equity ratio
- A credible core management team or ability to attract one
- An interest in and ability to grow the company beyond its current position
What does an application entail?
An application is a basic executive summary with simple questions like, "Define what customer need your business is addressing" and "Describe your recent company achievements and milestones" click here to get started
How much does it cost?
There is a $50 application fee and companies that are selected to participate in the program pay no additional fees (travel expenses are not included).
Where are the events located?
In-person events are located in region of focus. Our first Build It Big program was in Cleveland.
What is the Program Timeline?
- Applications Open
- Screening and Selection of Companies
- JInitial Interviews
- One-on-One Advisory Meetings
- Final Presentations and Reception